Keratin Treatments offer short-term smoothing solutions for your hair regardless of ethnicity.
There has been research conducted regarding the use of the keratin treatments which were originated in Brazil. These treatments have high levels of formaldehyde which is a disinfectant and preservative. At the time of this article the findings have been inconclusive as far as the safety levels in particular solutions.
So I did some research and found the best Keratin Treatments on the market for use by professionals in a salon with NO formaldehyde.
- Zerran Reallisse Vegan Hair Smoothing System: Key ingredient is vegan protein, lasting 2 to 4 months.
- Chi Enviro American Smoothing Treatment: Key ingredient is pearl and silk complex, lasting 4 months.
- American Culture Simply Smooth & Straight : Key ingredient is keratin and vitamin-enriched, lasting 12 to 16 weeks.
- Cadiveu Acai Therapy: Key ingredients are organic acai berry, vegetable keratin, and sugarcane cysteine.
- Paul Brown Hawaii Hapuna Keratin Retexturizer System: Key ingredients are Hawaiian protein flora complex, kukui nut lipids, sea salt, algae and plankton, lasting 8 to 10 weeks.
There are many more products out there however these are the best of the best used by the industry's top salons and stylists. As with everything, you must do your own research before using a new product with an in-depth consultation with a professional stylist to guarantee the best results.